Sunday, September 22, 2013

Introducing Olivia Mei Lang

     On September 6 I had a doctor appointment where me and my OB decided that if baby girl didn't come on her own, I would be induced on September 16, 2013! Commence the longest 10 days of my life.
     September 14th, my mom left Idaho to drive down to Arizona to watch Adam for us while we were at the hospital. Adam was so excited to see his grandma!
     The morning of September 16th, Stephen and I woke up at 5:30 to make sure we were ready to go to the hospital and ate a little breakfast. My induction appointment was at 6:30 and we checked into the hospital and were told to sit and wait for the charge nurse to come get us and take us to my room. Well little did we know that the wait would turn into a WAIT! We ended up waiting for 4 hours before a nurse came to get us! It seemed lots of babies wanted to be born that morning.
     We finally got to our room at about 10:45am. I got in my gown and they started my IV. They did all the computer work and they started my pitocin at 11:45am. I felt pretty good at first and thought, "oh yeah, I can do this!". An hour later at 12:45 my doctor came to check on me and broke my water to help labor move along. After my water broke, the contractions came fast and hard. The pain was pretty strong and came fast. At 1:20pm I got my epidural and the contractions were much more tolerable. They checked me at 2pm and I was halfway there. Things seemed to be moving pretty fast.
     At around 3:15, my contractions were coming back painful and it seemed the epidural wasn't really doing it's job. They gave me some more medicine but nothing seemed to be working. The only thing the epidural did was make my legs numb. At 3:50 they checked me again to see if I could get some more medicine because at this point, it was very painful, or if I was ready to push. I was at an 8 so they gave me some more medicine through my IV, but it still didn't help.
     Around 4:20 I was ready to push. They called my doctor in, and I started pushing. 10 pushes later, and Olivia Mei was born at 4:30pm weighing 7 lbs 4 oz. and 19 in long (almost the same size as her brother)!



     My mom and Adam came later that evening so they could meet her! Adam did really well :)






     This is a picture from today :) Olivia is 6 days old
 




2 comments:

Listen to optimusgamers Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones